Saturday, November 22, 2008

Prehistoric But Not Extinct!

Dear sweet hubby's 40th Surprise Birthday was a success! Great friends, good drinks, a hysterical 'Roast', stories relived and memories to treasure forever.

I had no idea the details and décor for this lil' shindig could be so much fun! Amazing how inspiring 13 yards of faux fur can be!

The idea for the invites came from the cheetah print fabric and a bundle of sticks from Ikea.

Zebra print for chair covers.


Oh the stories that little 'guest book' holds! Zebra print book dressed up a bit.

Black Bear Coasters
I found four great charms at World Market. Loved the idea but they only had four. So I made the rest to match.



The Birthday Boy.

Table and Island Elements:: 20x20 Flat Quartz Paver. A Potted Orchid. Polished River Rocks. Candles of all Shapes and Sizes. Black Bear Coasters. Caveman Cab. Zebra print chair covers. Deer Antlers. Cheetah print votives. Moss and More Moss. Prehistoric Wine Charms. White Bear Hide. Delicious Eats.

Décor Fun:: Camo Netting for Vines. Votive Candles. Pillar Candles. Deer Hide. Cheetah Print. Zebra Print. Black Bear Hide .River Rocks. Outdoor Fire Pit. Outdoor Granite Torches. Tiki Torches. Sticks. Dino-mite Labels and Signs. Curly Willow Branches. Lots of Brown. Cream and White.

More fun details and party pictures HERE

And of course...a special shout out to Denise over at Little Ant Design for the awesome ‘caveman’ theme idea!

11 comments:

abigail @ Paper and Cake said...

one word: fabulous! super impressed with the attention to "theme" detail :)

Courtney said...

THIS is an amazing spread. Lucky hubby! What fun and creative ideas you had: it was executed brilliantly!

Congratulations on a party well planned: it looked like a lot of fun!

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

I love the theme and the decorations are great! I would like to link this post on my blog.

Unknown said...

I love it!!!! Love how you incorporated the texture into the invitation!

Michelle
http://www.everydaycelebrating.com

Kendra@My Insanity said...

This is great! I'm going to have to remember your ideas for the next getting old party I throw. So fun and funny and stylish at the same time!

HouseLewisFamily said...

This is such a fun idea! I love all of the details and the creative theme. You completely transformed the space! It looks like it was a fun party.

www.houselewis.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Really neat theme. Elegant too!

Natalia said...

WHAT FUN! A fantastic theme. MY DH turns 40 this year and I'm keepimg my eye out for something fun like this...thanks for sharing:)

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I remember I loved this when I saw it before! You really did a fabulous job with this! Thanks for sharing with my readers and joining my Party Party!

Brenda said...

You gave the party a sophisticated, yet relaxed feeling - very cool decor!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Wow your decor was awesome! I wish someone would throw me a party like that. Well done!!